Skip to content
Skip to footer
May We Recommend
Savory Steak Fajitas
My Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
Oktoberfest Sauerkraut and Sausage Hash
Serves 6 |
The perfect side dish for Oktoberfest celebrations.
Add to My Recipes +
Print this Recipe
Full Screen View
|2 yellow potatoes |
|2 tablespoons cooking oil |
|1/2 cup chopped yellow onion |
|4 bratwursts, sliced |
|1 apple, chopped |
|3/4 cup sauerkraut, drained |
|12 oz. ale beer, your preference |
|2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard |
- Boil potatoes, once softened and cooked, cut in half. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil to a skillet. Bring to medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onions and bratwursts. Cook until bratwursts are browned. Remove bratwursts from the skillet, leave in onions.
- Pour remaining cooking oil into the skillet. Add cooked potatoes and chopped apple. Cook until apples and potatoes have begun to brown. Stirring frequently.
- Pour beer into the skillet. Add sauerkraut and mustard. Stir together and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return sausage to the skillet and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plates and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Life's better on the inside!
Get exclusive flash sale invitations, deals, recipes, events and news – delivered right to your inbox.