Skip to content
Skip to footer
May We Recommend
Salt and Pepper Pork Chops
My Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Baked Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Serves 4 |
A healthy and delicious dish that's so easy to make.
Add to My Recipes +
Print this Recipe
Full Screen View
|1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese |
|1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper |
|1/2 cup milk |
|1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs |
|8 oz penne |
|1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda |
|2 tablespoons margarine |
|1 tablespoon yogurt |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper |
|2 tablespoons flour |
| Cooking spray |
| Water |
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat the inside of a medium square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill pot with water, bring to a boil. Add penne pasta once boiling. Cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, melt margarine in a saucepan. After butter has melted, add pepper, butter and salt to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisk ingredients together. Cook until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add cheeses to sauce, whisk until fully melted. Add noodles to pan, stir together.
- Transfer saucepan ingredients to baking dish. Sprinkle panko over the top, and bake for 20 minutes. The top should begin to bubble and brown.
- As penne is baking, prepare sauce. Place greek yogurt and bell pepper in a blender/food processor. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Pour sauce over baked dish and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Life's better on the inside!
Get exclusive flash sale invitations, deals, recipes, events and news – delivered right to your inbox.